Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Jason and I are taking a "Newborn Basics" class at OHSU today. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and I got a letter last week telling us to bring a doll so we could practice diapering, swaddling, bathing, etc. I went out yesterday and bought a doll at Target to use during the class with plans to return it afterwards. When I went to pick Jason up, he saw the doll and assumed that I bought it for Tyler to play with since I hadn't told him that we needed it for the class and since I had been buying toys for Tyler in the last week. He was like, "Tyler is NOT going to play with that!" Of course, I wanted to play with him a little so I said, "Why not? It's only a doll! Little kids like to play with dolls, girls and BOYS." He replied, "You're going to return it because my SON will not play with DOLLS!" Of course, eventually, I had to tell him not to get his underwear up in a bunch and that the doll was for the class, but geez, never thought he would get so worked up over a doll!

I think I officially have gone over the recommended weight gain. The doctor told me yesterday that I should "walk thirty minutes a day." Ouch. Dang it, and I still have six more weeks left.

I complain a lot. But, my complaining is not always in vain. The last few times I went in to see my OBGYN, I complained of this stinging feeling over my right rib. (And, I complained even harder if Jason was in the room so he would know that I wasn't faking it at home.) Well, yesterday, in the mist of my complaining, the doctor announced that I would need to get another ultrasound to check out that area for "stones." (I am positive it can't be THAT bad. STONES! I don't think so. It's more like a bruise! muhaha.) I asked her if I could see my baby at the same time, and she replied that I would have to "sweet talk" the technician. And, of course, that won't be a problem! So... the moral of the story is this. I complain and get another ultrasound of the baby! Normally, I would only have gotten one but now I get two! Whee!! I am so happy. I always knew that complaining would bring good things my way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home