Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Friday, January 28, 2005

I really can't believe that today is my last day here. The countdown was slow, but the days went by rather quickly, if that makes any sense. The other teachers bought me some baby gifts, which made me feel horrible and guilty for not having made more of a earnest effort to get to know them better, rather than hvaing such a superficial colleague to colleague relationship. Nonetheless, it was a very kind gesture from very kind folks.

I only have one class today, from 10:50-12:20, and the rest of the day will be spent cleaning up and getting ready for the sub so I won't have to set foot on this campus again.

Yesterday, I was part of the interview committee to interview my replacement. The candidate was an older woman who had worked at Safeway for 20 years, then decided she wanted to go into teaching, got her license, and was looking for her first position. The one thing that really struck me about her was her nasty, smokers voice. It was raspy and horse, and just painful to listen to. I think smoking is rather a gross habit to have in the first place, but her voice solidified my views even more. Anyways, as she walked out, the principal's first words were, "Not a chance in hell," which oddly made me laugh.

My mom is coming to visit from LA this weekend. She is arriving tonight. Which only means one thing to me and Jason at this point: We will have to dash home after work, do the mountain high laundry, scrub the toilet and sinks, vacuum yesterday's dinner of the floor, throw out the other mountain in our house- the trash- away, etc, etc. I already warned my mom of our living "situation" but I told myself it would be better for us to prevent any heart attacks and faints to the floor if at all possible.

Yesterday I had a dream that Susan did not recognize me because I had gained so much weight. How depressing is that? Such body issues I have...even in my damn dreams! I have truly been eating throughout this pregnancy anything and everything without one bit of hesitation and wonder if I will ever get some self restraint and control once Tyler's born. Jen and Weikuo will have to get me in gear, or at least show me their new structured bodies so jealousy will get my ass to the gym.

Speaking of weight and food, I can't wait to go back to LA to EAT! haha..so much for restraint. Jason and I have a long LIST of places we will go once we are back! I miss Hurry Curry, Seafood Town, El Pollo a la Brasa, real real Chinese food (Korean style), etc. etc. When Jason and I are hungry, we talk about these places like we are stranded on some deserted island, famished and fantasizing about food. Yesterday, we tried some place called Pita Pit and it just didn't cut it for us. I ended calling it the Pita Arm Pit restaurant afterwards because the food did no good in filling us up like LA food does! I can't wait! I can't wait!

Anyways, what am I doing online when I have grades to finish up? Darn me!
Hope you have a great Friday and a great weekend!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home