Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Monday, April 16, 2012

random thoughts:

1. i love cook books. i love to look through them, which is so ironic since i don't really like to cook. there is not a cook book that i don't want to purchase. weird, huh?

2. i would much rather give the boys a pasta meal than a meal with white rice. i hate white rice. it is so void of any nutrition! i grew up eating it for nearly every meal...it's no wonder i'm the way i am! pasta is usually enriched and i feel much better having the boys eat that.

3. i had a weird thing happen to me today. i got into a parking spot and i was talking on the phone with a friend in korean using my bluetooth when i noticed that the lady next to me was giving me an ugly look. so figuring she didn't want to hear my conversation, i closed my window. then she got out of the car to go into a store, and thinking that the coast was clear, i put my window down and continued talking. in a minute or so, i saw her returning to the car so i lifted up my window again. i could sense that she was mad about me being on the phone or something. while the window was going up, she yelled at me, "i could hear you talking." i just looked at her and shrugged, then she said, "fuck you. i can hear your conversation." i was totally shocked! so i said to her, "fuck you. what's the big deal?" then, as the windows were closed on both cars, i continued talking and laughing like i was having the time of my life! after awhile, i had to get out of the car to get chase who was finishing up his work at a tutoring center. then she followed me into the center and it dawned on me that she was waiting for her daughter at the center as well (which shocked me because why would someone like her even care about her daughter's education?). she sat right across from me and continued to stare me down and take pictures of me. i just texted people and tried really hard not to stare back at her ugly face. then, when her daughter was done, she left the center with her daughter and started taking pictures of my car. i wanted her to know that i took her picture of her license as well, so while she was walking around my car, i mouth to her, "i have your licence too." that made her irate. she stormed back into the center, put her finger in my face and said, "oh, anyone can be tough sitting inside a car" and walked to the back. then i heard her talking to the director of the center saying, "i just want you to know that i am going to call the police and make a report right now because that lady sitting in the waiting area is taking pictures of me and my daughter." the director tried to calm her down and then i heard the crazy woman come around the corner and say to me, "can i talk to you for a moment?" i got up and followed her into the director's office. the first thing out of her mouth, "do you know that EVERYONE can hear your conversation?" i was like, "i was sitting in my car with the windows up." then she told me that she was going to call the police and i told her that was fine. she asked if i took pictures of her and i told her that i did not. don't worry, i wan't apologetic or anything and trust me, i thought it would be really funny if she called the police and looked like a freakin idiot. i just wanted her to know that this was about nothing and it wasn't a big deal. who cares if she heard my conversation for about two whole minutes?! oh my god...it went on like this and at the end, she just walked out without calling the police. i couldn't believe this lady!!! in my head, i just kept thinking, "someone forgot her meds today." i felt like i was in a twilight zone. NOTHING like this ever happens to me. do you think i could have handled it better? well, maybe i shouldn't have cussed back at her, but damn, you can't talk to someone like that and think you're not getting it right back!! urgh!!!

4. hope you had a better day! i want out of here!! nothing like this ever happened in souther cali!!

3 Comments:

Blogger WK said...

Omg, that lady was totally crazy!!! I have met some weirdo people like that in my life and you just can't try to logically figure out what is running through their mind.

I can't believe you kept so level headed about it. An incident like that would ruin my day and I would probably be thinking about it for days and days. The fact that you stood up for yourself is so impressive!

Btw, she probably was on some sort of medication. Some people act super crazy when they don't take their meds (or take too much).

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE that is CRAZY!!!! I was fuming inside just reading it!! WTH!?!?!?! When did it become illegal to talk on the phone in your own freakin car????????? I would've told her to shut the hell up and given her the middle finger. :)

Marie

9:42 PM  
Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

Were you speaking in Korean or English? Was she one of those people who hate hearing any other language?

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home