Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Is it just me? I feel like crap when I eat crap! For dinner tonight, I took the boys to get some fast food Chinese. They had some Chinese roasted duck on the menu and for some reason (like I'm a fat ass), I ordered that too. The last time I ate this was over 15 years ago. It wasn't even cheap... about $10 for half a duck. I came home and ate about five pieces and will most likely throw away the rest. You do the math. And the worst part of it is that it didn't even taste good! It was cold and the skin wasn't even crispy (and had visable FEATHERS on it!)...isn't that suppose to be the best part? Oh, and there was so much FAT on it? Is there suppose to be layers and layers of fat everywhere? Don't know. Well, I do know that I will never eat THAT again!

Oh, and it put me in the foulest mood! Chase just woke up and was calling for me and I was sighing all the way up the stairs. I get mad at myself when I treat the boys like they are nuisances to me so now I'm feeling guilty!

Moral of the story: Don't eat roasted duck. You will feel guilty on so many counts. Guilty for wasting money. Guilty for actually WANTING crispy duck skin. Guilty for only eating five pieces. Guilty that the five pieces has 1000 calories in it. Guilty for sighing while getting your child. Guilty that your stuffed stomach is hindering you from going to sleep. GUILTY!!! Don't ever do it! It's not worth it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

Only b/c you got bad roast duck. If it was good, you'd be happy with moist meat and crispy skin. :)

Don't let it go to waste, make Thai red curry with the roast duck.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Thanks for the tip!!!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous fk said...

don't you mean, "fowlest mood..."

12:25 AM  
Anonymous susan said...

hey, didn't we eat that duck when we visited your sister at stanford?... and then we left without paying tip bc the service was so horrible?!... your dad was so mad about the bland "kimchi" they gave us... and then the waiter dude followed us out!... i was so scared! hahaha

1:11 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

OMG!!! Haha, we did order duck when we went to that restaurant! That was scary!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous rich said...

i was eating dinner with jess up near berkeley and told jess about the kimchi story...funny i would see that story resurface on your blog!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home