Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm kind of upset by something that just happened. I took the boys to a cupcake store to decorate their own cupcake. It's this place where they give you a "naked" cupcake and you get to dress it up with unlimited candies, sprinkles, etc. When Tyler was getting candy from the candy "bar," another patron, an older lady, suddenly yelled in the ugliest tone, "Stop! You can't put your hand in there!" I was watching Chase when this happened, so when I heard the commotion, I immediately went over to where they were. In that moment, I apologized to the woman. Then, I took Tyler away from the area and asked him what happened but he was so upset, he couldn't articulate. He was crying and told me he wanted to leave.

If I could go back, I would not have apologized to the lady. Tyler is a good kid and he wasn't doing anything "bad." Maybe he was doing something he didn't know he shouldn't be doing, but he didn't do anything on purpose. If she had a problem with something, she should have told ME or told the store owner. I shouldn't have apologized to her. I should have said, "Please tell ME if something is wrong. Don't yell at my son."

This has never happened before, but if something like this happens again, I will be ready to speak up. Ain't no stranger ever going to yell at my kids!

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy Krissy said...

i was so upset when i read your post! that was soooo rude of the lady! tyler didn't know the 'rules' of getting candy from the bar. poor boy. this was a good experience for you. next time, you will be prepared on what to say!!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

OMG, i would have been pissed too! seriously, you handled it well though, but yeah, next time you know better!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home