Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving is next week and I'm stressing out! Jason's family will be coming to our house. I have an idea of what I want at the table, but I keep going back and forth- should I cook or order the whole dinner? It's so easy to just order the whole meal, but there is something special about cooking the whole thing too. It says, "Yes, I made this for y'all with love. It took forever but that is how much I love you." It's so overwhelming to cook Thanksgiving dinner because there is so much to do for one friggin' meal! Let's say you're making a full on dinner at home...now, how the heck are you going to time everything to be perfectly warm and ready when the turkey is ready? And with one oven, how in the world do you get everything done?

How people cook for other people without stressing out is beyond me. Whenever I feed people, I'm ALWAYS worried that I'm going to get them sick. ALWAYS. I think, "Is this meat cooked thoroughly? Will this person have major diarhhea because of what I fed them? Will they DIE?" It's a serious problem I have and I should see a shrink about it one day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i have an excel spreadsheet that i made years ago when i was doing a whole dinner for my youth group... i think if i look for it, i can find it.

but with two kids, that's going to be difficult. i say you buy most of the meal, but make certain parts of it that add the home-cooked touch (mandu?, home-made cranberry sauce?...)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

those people who cook without stress really buy all the food and just take the credit. =) cook some of it and order the rest! it's the thought and the hosting that counts!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home