Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A couple of days ago, we had a bit of a scare at our house. Chase was standing on the coffee table. I was sitting in arms rest on the couch when all of a sudden, Tyler pushed Chase off the coffee table and Chase's face hit the coffee table on his way down to the ground. All I remember is the "thump" of his face hitting the coffee table and then slow motion of him falling to the ground. Of course, Chase was wailing uncontrollably and I was panicked, and seeing what he had done, Tyler was frightened and sobbing. My first thought was to soothe Chase so I just cradled him in my arms. Tyler knew he was in big trouble and kept saying sorry through his tears. I told Tyler that I had to call the ambulance to check Chase and the police to talk to him, and he kept saying "No! No! I'm sorry!" I don't know if this was the right thing to do as I was lying to my child, but I really wanted him to know that this kind of behavior was not acceptable in our house! After all was calm, I asked Tyler "Why did you do that?" His response: "I just wanted to see if he could jump." Oh dear. Kids are cute even when they are being naughty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home