Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Don't know why but I'm feeling so nostalgic. Actually, I do know why. I'm listening to I Will Be Here By Steven Curtis Chapman. Isn't that song so amazing? I think I heard it for the first time my freshman year in college and I couldn't wait to have my future husband sing, or at least say, the words to me. And thinking of my freshman year of college brings back so many memories and emotions. Wouldn't it be fun to go back in time and relive certain moments of your life? What would be different if I could live my life over with all the knowledge I have now, with the person I am now. What would I change? Do or say differently? Off the top of my head, I can immediately think of two times in college that I would go back to and change.

If I could go back in time, I know that I would be more understanding and supportive to a friend whose mother had breast cancer while we were in college. Gosh, I was so young and stupid. I didn't even know what to say or do. That must have been beyond scary for her and her family and yet, I did and said nothing. I wish I could relive that.

I said some stupid, really stupid, things to one guy when I broke up with him. Nothing mean. Just stupid. (I'm embarassed to share in here what was said, but if you ask me, I'll be happy to share my stupidity!) I wish I could erase those words from his memory and heart. I wish I could go back and say things differently.

Just two things from college that I would change if I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home