Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

One thing I hate is when strangers tell me what I am doing wrong with my children.

For example, I took the boys shopping this morning. Chase was being whiny so I gave him a straw to chew on. He loves doing this, it keeps him occupied, and we've never had any problems. A lady came up to me and said, "You should take that away from him. I'm afriad he might poke himself." DUDE!! I just told her that I always give it to him and he's never poked himself and we went on our merry way. But, in my mind, I'm thinking, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, LADY!!!

This has happened to me once before. Richard and I were eating at a restaurant with Chase. Chase was sitting in his high chair but I didn't buckle him in. The lady sitting next to us said, "You should buckle him in. I'm afraid he will fall out." I just smiled at her and totally disregarded her comment. I think I would see if my child started climbing out of his highchair.

I know these people mean well. I do. But something inside me feels like they should mind their own business!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

i completely agree. sometimes i get upset if even conrad tells me what to do. i'm the mommy! =)

3:27 PM  
Blogger alice said...

omg... i guess the nagging from strangers NEVER end, huh? i thought being pregnant was bad enough... so many comments that were so unsolicited. cristina, you are a fabulous mom. =)

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home