Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Monday, October 06, 2008

There are times when I don't go shopping at all. I've gone months, almost half a year, without buying a single item of clothing. But then, there are a couple of weeks a year when I will go shopping as if I knew the world was ending tomorrow and I buy everything I like without any cares. This past week was one of those weeks. I went to the mall about four times and I bought way too much stuff.

One thing that I purchased was a new purse. It's not one of those thousand dollar purses, but it's a step up from the $10 Old Navy purse I have been carrying around the last few months. So I was happy and proud of this purse and I used it for the first time yesterday.

And guess what happened? I placed it on my lap while I was eating, like I was carrying my precious baby, and I got a huge oil stain on it. Not one drip. Not one spatter. DRIPS AND DRIP OF OIL. Isn't that just ironic? Nothing like that has ever happened to my Old Navy purse, but to get a huge oil stain the first time I use my new purse? Too ironic!

It was totally God reminding that all this stuff is just that- STUFF. The clothes will eventually stain, the cars will eventually get dented, things will get worn over time. ALL of the stuff that I was so giddy about acquiring will be in the dumpster one day. It might not happen in months, or years, but in the dumpster all my belongings will go one day.

Black oil stains to always remind me....

Don't be so happy and proud of these things, he says. There are better things to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

that is TOO hilarious! thanks for the laugh.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home