Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm feeling a bit neurotic right now and that makes me want to write. It's the situation with my in-laws and also some coffee that I had that is making me feel this way.

Maybe if I post some stories about Tyler that would make me feel better.

- Yesterday, I was reading a book to Tyler and he said, "Me read it" and took the book out of my hands.

- Yesterday, he fell over some wooden blocks and hurt this elbow. He ran to the door and said "ah yah (korean for outside). Me hospital."

- Lately, Tyler's been saying "Go away" or "Move away." I have no idea where he picked this up. I don't think this is nice so I try to dissuade him from saying it. This morning, he said to grandpa, "Go away to room."

- Lately, I've been making up some stories and telling them to Tyler. I tell him stories that include mostly Jason, Tyler and me going various places such as the zoo, park, beach. At the end of each story, I will say "The end" and he will yell, "More story!" The last few days, Tyler will come up to me and say, "Story. Baby Kate." So I will tell him stories about him and Baby Kate going somewhere and the adventures they have at that place. Yesterday night, before he fell asleep, I heard him talking to himself and saying, "Tyler and Baby Kate beach." He continued on muttering something to himself that I couldn't quite understand. I thought it was so precious. Tyler's been around other children but what makes him love "Baby Kate" the most? Does he understand that she is family?

- Tyler has always loved fruit, especially blueberries. Yesterday, while he was on the computer, I gave him a bowl of blueberries and it was so cute. He was eating them one at a time and it reminded me of a little cub eating fruit off a tree. It also reminded me of one of my favorite childhood books, Blueberries for Sal. I remember reading that when I was in kindergarten and here in front of my eyes, was my son eating blueberries. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but this moment reminded me of when I was a wee little kid.

- If you ask Tyler "What does mommy love?" Tyler will reply, "Mommy loves sushi."

- If you ask Tyler what part of his body is pretty, he will reply, "My eyes." My mother in law taught him to say that.

- If he wants to buy something, he will say, "Buy me this please."

- If he receives something he will say "Thank you."

- If you point to the face on a dollar bill, he will say, "George Washington."

Ok, enough for today. Just a little record of what Tyler is doing lately so he could read about it when he gets older!