Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Blah. It's Monday morning. My winter break is officially over, I'm back at school and hating it already. I wish I could sleep, which is amazing because I've been sleeping so much lately. I must have taken two naps yesterday.

Pregnancy is getting pretty uncomfortable lately. My back hurts constantly and I have this gnawing pain in my muscles right above my lowest rib. It feels like my muscles are being torn apart. I spent most of yesterday with cold cans of soda on that area to numb the pain and it helped, but I don't think it would be appropriate to have cans of coke under my shirt as I teach.

One thing about being pregnant that AMAZES me is this: When Tyler is kicking about, I could actually feel his BONE under my skin. I mean, I knew that babies kick and squirm about in the uterus, but no one ever told me that I would feel actual BONE under my skin. It's no short of being a miracle.

Seattle was great. It's a beautiful, tranquil city and I wouldn't mind living there one bit. We went up the Space Needle, ate cheap lunch at Pike Park Market, walked along the waterfront, visited the Museum of Flight (which I thought would be a snore but found to be actually interesting!), "discovered" a cheap Korean restaurant opened near University of Washington and ate there (it was delicious!). All in all, it was a fun, one last ren de vouz before Jason and I become parents.

One funny thing about the trip is that we slept in separate beds. We booked our room through Priceline so we couldn't request the beds that we wanted. By the time I called the hotel, they didn't have any rooms with king size beds left so we got a room with two twin beds. Since I am huge and because I toss and turn so much all night, we just slept in separate beds. It was funny to see my husband in another bed and wish him good night. Especially on a trip!

Happy New Year everyone! It's already 2005! And I am going to become an ajuma soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home