Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

You know what is really strange? That I have had absolutely NO cravings since I got pregnant. I heard from other women that their cravings were so strong that they HAD to have whatever they were craving at THAT moment or they thought they would become mad. And getting the mouthful of food was better than any orgasm they had ever experience. Since I am prone to have strong cravings (when I wasn't pregnant), it seems really odd to me that I haven't had any the past 7 months. Good thing for Jason cause I really thought I would be driving him up the wall by now.

You know one place where I NEVER regret getting take out from? Souplantation! If you never gotten take out from this place, let me explain. It costs the same as if you were dining there (6.99 for dinner), but you get a container for your salad and a container for either a bowl of soup or pasta. Of course, if you want both the soup and pasta, you have to pay a little more. Knowing that the lid is not completely flat, I have mastered the art of piling on the salad vertically without not so much as one pea rolling off the side. The first time I took Jason for this experience, his eyes got big and he told me that he was impressed by my packing skills. "Well, thank you!" Anyways, then you also get this small bag to put in pastries. I've always packed it up to the max, with like 3 brownies, 1 blueberry, 1 cornbread, and 3 cheesesticks. The very last time I went, I read on the menu, written in very small print, "for two pieces." Screw that! Who is going to stop me? And if they do, I plan on saying, "What? Me no English." That should get them out of my way! THEN, the last two times that I went, I asked if I could get another small bowl to put in jello and fruit. I was going to pay for it but they just gave it to me without charging me! You could see that I get very excited talking about it! So basically, I get pretty healthy food for so cheap and I definitely get more food to go than if I sat and ate there. You and I both know that a good salad could cost seriously an arm and a leg at some places. And I get enough in one trip to last me two meals...just make sure you get your dressing in a separate container so your romaine doesn't get limp over night. One more selling point, when Jason doesn't want to go, I tell him it is Drano for his system! This sometimes works. Exciting stuff, I tell you!

Jason's been gone the last two days. Another interview. He will be back tonight. His departing plane was delayed for five hours because there were no flight attendants! The plane was there, the pilot was ready, but no attendants! Jason was so annoyed that he wrote to Alaska Airlines at the airport waiting for the damn ladies, and possibly one femme male, to show up!

This vacation has to go down in Cristina's history books as the all time boring one. All this time on my hands has only lead to one thing this past week: Shopping online for baby stuff! I know way too much about baby stuff, from blinkys (if you know that word, you must be a parent.) to strollers to what cures diaper rashes the best. I just told Jen the other day, before this, I was consumed with wedding stuff, now I am consumed with baby books, baby websites, and baby stores! Oh, how thing change with the many transitions of life. Pretty soon I'll be learning all there is to learn about menopause.

Since my vacation as been as boring as hell, Jason and I are going to Seattle this weekend for some R & R. I am sick of R & R. What good is R & R if you get R & R all the time?

I've been thinking about the victims of tsunami lately and all the pictures and stories coming from that area of the world are horrifically sad. Claudia and Dave were on vacation to Thailand and they left the day before the tsunami hit. When Claudia told me, I was incredulous and asked her if she had been on the BEACH the day before or if she was in Thailand, but very, very far from any devastated areas. Later I realized how unsympathetic I had been. I mean, she was IN the country and I should have been more like, "Oh, no way!" and broke out into tears. (Now that would not have been too hard since one of my many skills include being able to cry on cue.) I am a mean unsympathetic younger sister sometimes.

In summary, I am a greedy salad packer and mean sister who has too much time on my hands. There.

Have a happy day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home