Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

I'm at school right now and I'm waiting for Jason to call me. He should be done early today so it makes more sense for me to stick around here until he calls instead of going home and then picking him up. Too much useless info, I know.

Today I took my class to the public library for them to check out books to read over the winter break. Well, this one student who just joined the class yesterday kept insisting that she borrow books and videos in SPANISH!! Mind you, she barely can understand or speak English! I asked her why she would want books and videos in Spanish instead of English and, through a translator, she responded, "In this day in age, you need as many languages that you can master." My response: "Why don't you master English first?" At the end of our trip, she had put away the Spanish tapes but borrowed ONE book and SIX videos. Talk about having no noon-chi (better sense and judgement)! I mean, I had been telling them that the purpose of the trip was for them to get BOOKS to read over the break.

I have to give a big thanks to my bro, Rich, for taking time off from his nose and butt picking to drop off some cookies to the old school that I worked at. Even though he rarely reads this site, I thought a public announcement of thanks was in order for all the time this errand took away from his winter break!

For my friends in LA, there is ONE thing I really want for Christmas. It doesn't cost a single pretty penny but will take some time away from your life. If you are curious as to how you can make my Christmas this year, please drop me a line. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home