Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Friday, September 10, 2004

I got a high school postition teaching ESL. Heard about it last Wednesday, interviewed on Thursday, got the position on Friday, went in on Tuesday to clean up, and school started on Wednesday. Whew...what a whirlwind. I haven't the slightest idea about specifically teaching ESL or kids over the age of 8.

I already miss elementary. I love younger kids. They are so easy to mold and, most importantly, bribe. High school kids come in with so much baggage and other worries...they worry if they look good, if they come across cool. The last thing on their mind is learning. Well, it's like that at the high school I'm teaching at.

I've already been comparing some stuff from my high school experience and it is sooo different. Whitney is sooo different from other high schools in America. Even at Roosevelt's (that's where I'm teaching) student orientation, I was saddened. Dude, at Whitney, new student orientation rocked! We chanted, sang songs, cheered, got into group, received little prizes... I mean, it was actually exciting! At Roosevelt, the students were herded into a small room looking like zoombies...yeah, welcome to Roosevelt.

Anyways, I've been craving sushi like mad. Too bad that pregnant women are not suppose to eat raw fish. I'm dreaming of sushi... And I really miss Isobune for some reason, a little sushi place on College at Berkeley. They had some great stuff.

There are two things I love to say. (Most of you know this!) #1. I love saying, "I hate my life" when things aren't going right. If you know me, you know that I'm totally joking, but it's interesting to see how others who don't know me reacts to my statement. Once, I was at the dentist's office. I came in a little late and the receptionist told me that I would not be able to see the dentist that day. I hung my head down looking most despondent and said the magic words, "I hate my life" and sure enough, she looked at me and told me that she would see what she could do. I later saw the dentist.

Other thing that I love to say when people don't do the things that I want them to do is, "You hate me." It's totally said in jest and I'm totally kidding. For example, I tell Jason that I want him to buy me a $800 purse. When he looks at me like I'm crazy, I look at him and say, "You hate me." Call me crazy but it's sooo funny to me!

Well, anyways, I should be off to work now to work with my ESL kids (yipee!)!

Hope you have a great Friday. Jason left for Seattle yesterday and won't be back until Saturday night. Bummer. See, I told you he hates me! haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home