Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Hello. hello! Well, in less than 24 hours of my last blog, I will be writing the mother of all my blogs. (well, in my eyes, at least.) Ok, take a deep breathe. You ok? Ready to hear the news?

Well, for those of you who was not able to put two and two together (from the previous hints on post blogs)...I am pregnant!!!! AHHHH!!! (Everyone put your hands to your face like Culkin in Home Alone.) I just had my second doctor's appointment yesterday and everything seems to be hunky dory. The doctor said that the heart beat was a very high 160 bpm and gave me an "A+ on my health." I am about 11 weeks along and the baby is due late March. I know, everything happened so quickly...definitely a honeymoon baby!

The first doctor's appointment was more eventful because we had an ultrasound and was able to see the baby in the uterus. At first the doctor and Jason cooed, but I couldn't see the baby! Then, the doctor turned off the lights and showed me all the parts. I was sooo excited to see that I was having a little....peanut! (For those of you who have never seen an ultrasound, I swear the baby looks like a honey roasted Planter's peanut!)

Jason is sooo excited beyond words. Though he doesn't say so much in direct words, I know that he wants a boy. Well, actually, maybe "Don't call it a she!" is pretty direct. haha... I keep reminding him that he is the one that gives me the X or the Y chromosome so it was up to his little workers. I don't really care about the sex; I just want a healthy, happy baby...though the pressure would definitely be off about the sex of any other future children if I had a boy first. Gosh, the extra pressures of being Asian and having to produce an heir to the throne.

First trimester pretty much sucked the big one but I am thankful that I am feeling a little better day by day by day. I am lucky that I didn't have to work during the worst of it. I don't know how people work and take care of other children while they are going through their first trimester. I can't even imagine...

Actually, other than the doctor saying so and all the nasty symptoms that made me feel like death was on its way, I don't feel pregnant at all. I don't see a bigger bump than I get after a large meal. I don't feel any jabs or kicks yet. But, I can't wait...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home