Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

All my students are so unmotivated to learn. As a teacher, it's just sad and disheartening to see half my class has decided not to show up to class and the ones who have freeze up whenever I introduce something half challenging. The students don't want to be here; I could see it in their glazed over eyes and hear it in their grunts and moans when I give them an assignment as easy as the ones that I gave my second graders last year. Granted, I am teaching ESL, but I am speaking of my more advanced classes, which comprise of students who have been here for some many years. (Some were even born here.)

And it's surprisingly easy I have learned in the few weeks I have been here, for a teacher to lose all motivation too. I mean, if the students don't give a damn, why should I? But, I have to keep telling myself that once these kids see in my eyes, in my walk, in my demeanor that I have lost all hope in them, they will know that they have beat me down and won - just like they have done year after year, with every teacher is the past.

I refuse to be one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home