Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Sophomore year our class held a dance of some sort, and I don't know why, but Susan and I asked the inner council to bring CD's to play. (There must not have been a DJ or something that night.) Well, there was this one guy who brought the Michael Jackson collection edition to the dance. It was a CD case that was suppose to hold two of Michael Jackson's most popular songs. Anyways, I remember that when I opened it, there was only one CD in it. Well, at the end of the night, we couldn't find it. I looked everywhere. In the pile of other CD's. Everywhere. I remember telling him that I did not know where it was and that there was only one CD in it. He seemed upset. (Rightfully so.)

Fast forward like four years to college. I was in Claudia's dorm room at Stanford and was randomly going through her CD's and I saw a Michael Jackson collection edition. I opened it and there was only one CD. I asked Claudia when she bought it and she said she thought it was mine and that she must have packed it accidental when she was packing for college. I immediately thought of this guy and took the CD back to Berkeley with me.

Fast forward a week or so later. So, this guy went to the same college and happened to live in the same dorm as me. A week later, he came into my dorm room and, lo and behold, he sees this Michael Jackson CD. I tell him that it's probably his, that my sister had it in her dorm room all this time, I'm not sure how it got there, I'm sorry. He opened it and asked where the other CD was since there was only one in it. I told him that I always remembered there was only one CD.

Well, I could totally tell by his face and what he said that he did not believe any of it- that there was only one CD, that it had gotten "lost" somehow, that it ended up in my sister's dorm room. I knew that he thought that I had kept it this whole time and had been caught red handed with his CD in my room.

It upsets me to think that someone out there thinks of me as a thief and a liar, but at the same time, what can I do? I really can't explain how it traveled to my sister's dormroom, but it did. I really couldn't explain more to him than that what was the truth. I could tell he didn't believe me. But I swear that it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home