Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

#2 on my list. I just realized that there is no In N Out here! My goodnes... what is one to do?

Spoke to Jenny R. a couple of nights ago. It seems like we'll catch up with one another like after a long, long hiatus and then talk for like hours. I told her before that she reminds me of my mom and that is just about the nicest compliment I could ever give anyone so I hope that she knows how special she is to me and that no matter what, I will always be praying for her happiness.

Girls can be so catty sometimes but I am lucky to have surrounded myself with girls that are genuine, happy for my happiness, and true to themselves. I can't stand girls who need to put up a front, is jealous of everything in the world, and not happy with themselves so find the need to make other people feel bad in their own slight manipulative ways.

I don't know why, but this reminds me of something that happened two years ago. I had this "girlfriend" call me completely out of the blue. We had not spoken in two years, since our graduation from college, and I was so thrilled to hear her voice on my voicemail. I could barely wait to call her back. Though we had our share of the most awesome memories in high school and some in college, for some reason, we had lost touch, and I took this phone call as a sign that she was reaching out to me. Well, I was so excited and I called her back and her intentions for the call became so quickly apparent that it made me sick to my stomach. She had called basically to talk crap about this other girl who we both knew. This other girl had asked her to be in her bridal party and she had agreed and on and on she went about all the horrors of this girl and her family and the wedding. And, I just couldn't believe it. Here we were, both 23, had been out of high school for about 6 years, and she called to talk smack about her supposed "friend." I listened but I felt sick, like I had gone back to junior high gossip. It was all so stupid.

God, I don't know why I bring that up. I guess cause I think, if you're going to be a friend, then be one damnit. Don't freakin' act like a friend and talk behind someone's back. It seems so simple. I realize that I could not talk to her anymore in the ways that we had before. The whole conversation made my mouth feel as though it was full of metal and my heart felt so ugly.

When I think about that whole incident, it makes me happy to know that I have friends that I would only talk proudly about. I could go on and on and describe each person in detail and how they are special not only to me, but to this world.

As you can see, I am feeling quite weepish today. Call it hormones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home