hello hello. some random thoughts this morning.
1. man, i always have something to do. i know. it baffles me too. i'm a stay at home mom living in a place with very few friends, but i'm always busy and have a 100 things on my to do list at all times. crazy. i really don't know how working moms do it- i mean, do everything around the house, get all the kids stuff organized and ready, get themselves all ready and not looking like a bum....there is so much to do! i'm not complaining here. i'm just saying that i thought my days of being a stay at home mom would consist of me watching korean dramas and stuffing my face with what i love best- chocolate. well, i do stuff my face with chocolate but i sure as heck don't have time to be watching dramas here! anyways, i'm just saying i'm baffled.
2. speaking of chocolate. i'm always scared to give chocolates as gifts. i've gotten enough chocolates in the past as gifts that had white film on them. i think it comes from storing chocolate wrong. either too much heat or too much cold. whatever it is, i'm always worried that i will give a box of chocolates to someone and they will open it and they will see that they are covered in grayish/ whitish spots and they will think i am regifting. anyways, i have some boxes of chocolates that i was planning on giving to some teachers' aids at the boys' school but i'm thinking of just returning them because i just realized that i left them in the freezing garage for weeks. damn. or the other option is to open one of the boxes to see if the rest are ok, which means that i have to eat that box. hmmm.... what to do. what to do.
3. a funny conversation that i had with tyler. i was letting them watch something on my ipad while they were eating breakfast. this is not a regular occurance but i think there was something on the news i wanted them to see. anyways, tyler said, "i don't want to watch this. i want to watch small wonder on youtube." (remember "small wonder" with vicki, the robot? the boys like that show!) i immediately took the ipad away and i said, "you complain and i will take it away." he thought for a moment and said, "oh, mom. i don't like the air. i wish i were a fish and could swim in water all day." then, he looked at me with a smirk and said, "what do you know? you can't take away my air." hahaha, tyler, you so funny.
4. my fav show when the boys go to sleep? any of the real housewives show. so crazy. so trashy. so not "real." but so fun to watch! those ladies crack me up big time. so i guess i have some time to watch tv. i lied in random thought #1.:)
5. i'm not feeling to christmasy this year. some years, i'm all over it- like i eat, drink, breathe christmas and the sprit of the season seems to overtake me, but this year, i'm like, blah... haha. jason is so cute, he went out and bought some stuff for the front of the house and decorated with some trees and a snowman. i must admit, it is rather festive looking and i think the boys like it and all, but i'm like blah. haha...
6. speaking of xmas lights and why i didn't want jason to put them up. it's because i want him to do stuff INSIDE the house. crap! he has so much stuff he needs to do for me INSIDE the house... like put up 20 frames! i rather he spend his energy and time on that instead...on things that I will see, not our neighbors! haha...
7. we are seriously thinking of getting a dog. i have one that i want but he's a bit pricey right now and i'm waited for the breeder to lower the price. that sounds weird to say, but that is the case. and of course, there is a chance that someone else will buy him and he will be lost forever, but i'm willing to risk it i guess. i know that raising, training, and all responsibilities that come with this dog will all fall on my shoulders. let's get real. but, i'm ok with it. i ready for the challenge. the shutters are up, the pool is done, and momma needs herself another project!
8. omg, i am so sad. i could cry. the autofocus on my iphone doesn't work! wahhhhhhhhh!! i'm taking my phone in today and i am praying and hoping they just give me a new phone! if they don't, i think i will just cry in the store. i didn't purchase apple care or any other extended warranty or anything so if my appointment is with a scrooge, i am screwed. wish me luck.
9. sorry about the lack of pics on this site. to be completely honest, since i got the iphone, i've been taking pictures with that and i don't know how to upload those pics to this computer, and THAT will take some years to figure out. and i know you will think i am kidding, but can you believe that i JUST figured out how to upload pictures from my camera, camera to this computer like a week before i got my phone (and i had that camera for YEARS!). i'm very slow with tech stuff. very, very slow.
10. in feb of 2013, this blog will have its 10th anniversary! wow.... i should give it a traditional 10th anniversary gift of tin and aluminum.. (just googled it.) it has seen me get married, get pregnant, give birth to tyler and chase, many moves, etc! it's actually fun to keep a blog so you can keep a somewhat loose record of your life. if this blog were to disappear tomorrow, i couldn't say that i wouldn't mourn it and all the time i spent writing in here. i don't really know who reads it (according to my site reader, only a handful of people..not more than 10!) but it's mainly for me and the boys. i think it might be cool for the boys to read later on. well, that's what i tell myself when i'm writing on here!
11. i am on instagram, so let's be "friends!" :) if you know my name, i'm easy to find. let's hook up over the web and technology!
12. when i tried to get my phone issue resolved yesterday, the lady told me that i should come back after i put all my stuff on icloud. i asked her, will that upload everything onto my computer? (don't laugh) she said, "no, it will all be stored in the clouds," while fanning her hands around her head to make a magical aura. huh? what? come again? que? i don't know these things. i don't know where it goes. i'm just always amazed by technology. you would think that i was some cave lady from millions of years ago (when did cave people roam the earth?) and i'm just learning about these things. just amazing! i was actually speechless after she did her little magical hand thing. at the thought of it and also mesmerized by the jazz hands.
13. i have email address complex. someone told me to get "with the times" when i told them my email! what is wrong with a yahoo email?!!! haha... i didn't know having a yahoo account meant that i wasn't up "with the times!" what does that even mean?! i didn't know that my email address was not "current." oh wells! keeping my yahoo account forever! it will come back in "style." you just got wait and see. haha.
14.boys have two weeks off!! yay!!! so, so happy! my favorite things ever. to just hang out with the boys. even though tyler called me a grouch yesteryday. i'm not a grouch!! mommies have to tell kids what to do, right? like, mommies are the ones who are like, hurry up, clean up your room, we are going to be late, do this, do that, finish your food, stop messing around, etc. and i guess he thinks that is someone who is "grouchy." oh tyler, mommy is not grouchy. that's all mommies, dear.
15. i was talking to mom of three boys and i said, our kids will only know what we do when they become parents, and she said, "no way! our BOYS will NEVER know what we do because they will grow up to be MEN and MEN will never do all the things we WOMAN do." omg. that thought slowly sunk in and i thought to myself, so true. so very true. wahh!!!
anyways, this was a long post of total randomness.
things here are good. very cold. in the 30s today. staying indoors to stay nice and toasty. :)
wishing you and your family a very merry christmas!!