Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

random thoughts:

1. just came back from my zumba class. the teacher is such a great dancer! she has great energy and reminds me of britney spears. the whole time i thought, "i wish my parents put me in dance class instead of wasting all their money on useless piano lessons!" right? cause what do i do with my piano lessons now? nada. nothing. zilch. (the only good thing about knowing how to play piano, for me, is that i know when tyler is messing up when he practices! haha... that's about all the years of piano ever got me!)you could tell the people in class who have some dancing experience. they are more polished and just better dancers overall. i wish i could dance like them! wahhH!! i try though with my fat ass. you gotta give me a damn A for effort! each zumba class is so different. some are more latin, some are more cardio like and some are very sensual. my favorite? hands down- hip hop. so much fun. it's like going clubbing (like marie says). yup, zumba has become my club where old women go to shake their asses without makeup, without men, without having to look "cute." going back to sensual zumba. last week, there was a subsitute zumba teacher and i swear she must have been a stripper in the past. lots of hip action going on. all she was missing was her pole. she even had the lights turned off the whole hour! she was running her hands through her hair and just looked "come hither.." omg. i suspected that she might be drunk or high. anyways, many people left the class halfway but i always feel bad for the teachers when their students leave midway so i stuck it out and tried not to look too stupid. it was hard to do.

2. i feel kind of bad today because a teacher from tyler's school asked if i could bring chase to school for 30 minutes today to be part of a skit they were doing to win some sort of competition. he said that if chase was in it, it would give the team an "upper hand." i feel so bad because i said i couldn't bring him. DUDE!! chase has school today and i have things to do! i get like 10 hours a week to myself while chase is in school and i look forward to taking my zumba class and enjoying my *quiet* house. i'm feeling pretty guilty about it though and hope no one gave tyler a hard time for not bringing his little brother to school today.

3. thank you so much marie and christina for texting me about my previous post. so sorry i didn't get back to you. the story is kind of a long one so it would have been hard for me to explain via text. to make a long story short: i went to a gym (not the one i'm going to right now) to try it out for a week FREE and the manager made me sign a contract but he guaranteed that i wouldn't be charged anything if i called within that first week to cancel. well, i wrote him an email the following day saying that i couldn't commit and a month later, i was charged $173 on my debit card. i found the charge on that saturday night and i was livid. i thought he would say that he didn't say that to me and that the contract was valid, and it would be my word against his. i couldn't sleep on saturday night and had trouble doing anything on sunday too. :( i was just sooo mad and worried that he would say, "oh no, you got me wrong. that is not what i said and you signed this contract." i was worried even though i had the email that i sent him and his response to it: "no problem." his response was so short so i thought he would say something like, "i meant 'no problem,' like you don't have to come into the gym, but we are still going to charge you." in any case, i wasted my monday morning to go over there (plus, i wasted time trying to look lawyer like) and he was sorry and gave me a full refund. i don't know why i was soooo worried and mad. rich says that i didn't have anything to worry about, but i just thought i got scammed. it all worked out though and i will never put myself in a situation like that again. what a waste of time and mental energy (both of which i need to save for other more important things).

4. chase does a funny, "back it up. back it up" just like genie in california adventure's aladdin show. you have to ask him to do it. one day i have to post a video of him dancing. he will kill me later for it but it is too funny not to share.

5. one thing i have not used in over a year? a dishwasher! i said that to the "design team" when i met with them to pick options for the house, and they were like so shocked! i just find that it takes the same about of effort and time to hand wash each thing that gets dirty. anyways, it was really funny to see the lady's reaction to it when i said it. you would think they thought i was stuck in the 40s or something! haha..

6. so then i came home and thought of what else i don't use that might surprise people. i never use a brush or comb. ever. it's not part of my daily routine, and have only used it in the past on special occasions- like prom or my wedding day. i wash and dry my hair, and that's it. i thought that this was like going to get a manicure or pedicure- just something that you do that is nice once is awhile but not necessary. weird right? i only recently found out that most people brush their hair every day!

7. who is down to help susan with our 20th reunion? haha....

8. too many damn choice and options on the house and it's making my head spin. oh dear. i hope it doesn't come out fugly, because really...if it does, i have no one else to blame but the old lady that stares back at me when i look in the mirror (i know that took you a split second to figure out. haha). too much pressure. when you buy an older house, you have the luxury of saying, "oh, the previous owners picked this out. isn't it ugly? we are just keeping it for the time being until we get around to changing it." can't say that when you are the one who picked everything! :(

9. school year is coming to an end. i'm so happy!! i get to hang out with my boys! i know, i am so contradictory. on one hand, i want them in school. on the other hand, i want them to be with me all the time. i know. i know. how can i want both? i don't know. i don't know. isn't that what all mommies think?!

10. 3 and half hours to go to the korean market yesterday. yup, 3 and a half hours so my fob king can have his kim chee. i'm thinking of getting some korean food delivered my mail via korean websites. think this is the next option that might be worth exploring. gas is too expensive to be making this trip often and i'm not about to learn how to make kim chee. omg...can you imagine me making kim chee? that is sheer craziness.

11. i don't like to brag about my boys in here (too much) because is there anything more annoying than an old korean mom who brags about everything her children do? like, my child can wipe his ass better than your child. omg...some moms are totally like that! but i have to share this one: tyler got voted class president of his class! isn't that awesome? it's really nothing and he won't be doing anything (cause school year is nearly over and, what the heck does a 2nd grade president do?!) but i'm so proud of him! he is my sweet sweet boy. he always tries his best, is so super responsible, and kind. ok, how about that for bragging! haha.... ok, i promise not to write another thing like this for a good year.

12. tyler has this watch that he used to wear 24 hours a day and look at it at ALL hours of the day. he would only take it off to take baths. but it recently broke and he is so sad about it. he is so dramatic sometimes. he said, "i feel lost without my watch." he has this "thing" with time. i can't even explain it further than that...but oh, my son sure does. just thought i would write this so we could laugh about it later.

13. if you are in a book store, please check out the book of awesome. i found it at barnes and noble and i loved it! it is so cute. it made me so happy. i couldn't stop smiling. it reminded me that it's the small things in life that make people happy. it's so true. i didn't buy it but it's one that i want my boys to look at when they get older. (boys, just be content and happy in the LITTLE things. life is precious and beautiful if you look around and observe all the little things that make it so.)

ok i think i wrote enough today to last me a good month or so. :) miss you all. life here is very boring. same thing every day. drop off boys, zumba, clean up, think about dinner (not cook dinner, just think about it.), pick my ass, pick the boys up, activities, read, sleep, wake up and, wow!, do it all over again! sounds so much fun....doesn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I love happy endings!!!!!! Gyms can def be tricky. Glad it all worked out fine. I also love hip-hop type Zumba!!!!!! You gotta try my class next time you are in OC! I even bought her CD and do the Zumba routines for Engels and the boys. :) They love it too, lol! It's such a great work out, I sweat and have so much fun and smile the whole class. Then I leave in a great mood and it just makes my day.

Your little Tyler is such a smart smart boy. And Chase, such a funny and charismatic boy! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Marie

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home