Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Random thoughts...

1. I went to eat at a Japanese restaurant with the boys after a grueling school day last week and were seated next to the rudest people! It was obvious that it was the first time at a sushi restaurant because they would make comments like, "Who would eat that?" and "That is so disgusting." as the boats went by and would only eat the California and vegetable rolls. It didn't help that Tyler and Chase kept yelling, "Mommy's favorite!" as a raw ass piece of cut up fish next to a raw egg came down our way. It was so cute when they did this the last time we went but I kept trying to hush them up this time around! We were seated in a way that the could see everything I was eating and it made me so self conscious! How rude! I was really enjoying myself until they came along!

2. Three celebrities that I like: Elin (Tiger Wood's wife), Nick Lachey, and Kendra Wilkerson. Elin just seems to be pretty down to earth and not a celebrity whore. I've always like Nick Lachey. And recently, I started watching the Kendra show and I just like the way she comes on her reality show without any make up on. (Can't say the same about the Kardashian sisters who seem to go to sleep with their make up on!)

3. I love the internet! What did people do before the internet was invented?! I love being able to get instant answers to all my stupid questions.... How many calories do I need to work off to lose a pound? How to use the abacus. (Want to teach Tyler if and when I figure it out! ;) How to style my hair like Kim Kardashian. haha...like some hair is going to help me! Who am I kidding? I need to get a lot more than just hair if I want to look like Kim! Like, maybe a face and butt transplant?!

4. I love Saturdays and am looking forward to a day with Jason's help. He hasn't see he boys in three days because he left for work when they were still sleeping and came home after they had gone to bed. At the end of tonight, I will either be so happy he was at home to help out or be resentful as hell. I'll let you know later how it goes! :)

5. If you want to be a good mommy, you have to be on your A Game. What do I mean by this? Well, if you compare it to a sport (which I know nothing about) or work, you can't be lazy. This is something that I thought as I let the boys do whatever last night and I laid on the couch like a sloth. What happened when I wasn't on my A Game last night? Chase spilled water everywhere and Tyler brought all the blankets he could find around the house downstairs. If I'm not 100% there to stop anything like that from happening, I will be to the one who cleans everything up afterwards. MOMMIES PAY FOR ANY REST TIME. Don't know if this is making any senses, but it begs to be repeated. MOMMIES PAY BIG TIME FOR ANY REST TIME. Yes, rest time is great, but it is not without consequences. For example, as I "rest" here on the computer right now, Chase is dropping chips all over the floor (don't ask me what Chase is doing eating chips at 8:00 in the morning). After my "rest" yesterday, I had to bring all the blankets upstairs and wipe up the water. One more time, so all you non-mommy people out there realize the truth- Repeat with me now, y'all- MOMMIES DO NOT GET REST TIME. REST TIME MEANS CLEANING UP THE SHIT (oh, I mean, mess) THAT WAS MADE AT REST TIME.

6. Chase is talking more and I love it! He cracks me up all day long! I love it when I call him my baby and he says, "I'm not a baby! I'm a big boy!"

7. My mild boy Tyler is becoming more and more wild at home which drives me crazy some days though I know it's only natural. But I guess he is still mellow when he is out of the house because his Korean teacher told me he was the best boy in the class and his My Gym teacher said he is the best listener. (Just had to add that in because I was a proud momma and want Tyler to know when he gets older.)

8. Oh that reminds me. I said to Tyler last week, "A mommy's job is never done." Then he said, "Well, I do know that you watch tv when I got to bed." haha... his tone of voice was so funny, like, he said it in this I-know-the-truth-so-who-you-kidding type of voice.

9. Cooking is SO OVERRATED! Seriously!!! I HATE cooking. What is the point? From the hour of prep work, to making a mess in the kitchen, to have a house that smells like fish ....after cooking pork! (Whats up with that?), to being away from the boys to cook, to an hour of clean up afterwards.... all for what? To have a meal on the table that no one, I mean, NO ONE, including MYSELF wants to eat? Why not just save all the trouble and get take out or go eat out? To save money? Trust me, I ain't saving a pretty penny by eating at home. I don't get the hype. Who started this hype? Maybe the Supermarkets Association of America? Trying to get our tired asses into their markets to spend our hard earned money on vegetables with hopes that we will whip up some healthy casserole for our families only to see them rot away. I speaking of our vegetables AND our dreams of being Mrs. Cleaver. Whatever, peoples! I'm not going to buy into the hype. EAT OUT! SAVE TIME! SAVE MONEY! SAVE YOUR SANITY!!! DON'T FEEL GUILTY! That stuff in the restaurants are FINE! IT'S STILL FOOD, AIN'T IT? IT'S STILL EDIBLE, RIGHT? I ATE IT MY WHOLE LIFE AND I'M FINE!!!!

Have a great weekend y'all!!! I'm off to pick Jason up at Carl's Jr. Long story, but aren't we a classy family? :) If we end up eating there, I have one thing to say... it's still food, ain't it?!

12 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

1. i can't believe your boys eat sushi too! so fancy!
3. seriously. can't imagine life wo it now.
5. TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. but sometimes, you just still need to rest. but yes, there is always payment for it.
8. love it! he is so smart!
9. agree. but it IS healthier.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

Do the boys help you in the kitchen? They can do simple tasks and it'll make cooking more fun.

I think you're trying to do too much all by yourself and that just makes cooking one more task that you have to do.

Do you need cooking lessons? It really shouldn't take that long unless you're making something elaborate.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Hey C! My boys just eat the california roll and eel.

Hey WC! After I posted, I was thinking, "oooh, WC is not going to happy with this post!" ;) Oh, i think it's a mixture of things. The main thing is that I'm never away from my boys so I don't have time to concentrate in the kitchen! I feel like if I had some time to myself or had someone watching the boys while I made something, things would be a lot better. Oh, and if someone helped me clean up afterwards (which Jason NEVER does...i know, so unfair!) oh, and i would love to take cooking lessons. do you know of anyone who is teaching in OC? Hope you are doing well. I look at your site and drool looking at the stuff you make!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

That's easy. I can teach you. What do you want to learn how to make?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Missy Krissy said...

hi cris! your post was hilarious! i understand how you feel about cooking - i feel like it's a waste of time! i would rather order take out than deal with the mess in the kitchen. however it is healthier! do you have all the tools you need for cooking? chris and i got a juicer recently and it's great! it's not 'cooking' but it's def healthy! anyhow, can't wait to catch up...i miss you so!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cristina, you should have your own reality show. your thoughts are hella funny.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cristina, you should have your own reality show. your thoughts are hella funny.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Hey ladies!
After I posted this, I felt horrible and vowed to make some more homecooked meals! :) I'm trying to get a monthly meal plan together ASAP!

WC, yes, please! I would love to learn from you. Do you think you could give me five of your easiest, yummiest recipes? That would help me so much!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

But they're all easy. Heck, if white girls are making my recipes with good results, then you can. :P

Don't start with a monthly food plan. Too ambitious. Take it one week at a time b/c that's probably how often you grocery shop anyway. For example, make roast chicken on Sunday. You can use leftovers to make soup or chicken and dumplings or pot pie the day after. But most of the time, weekdays, it's just easier to make stir-fries. Fast and healthy.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Hey WC, have you ever thought of writing a book? You should! I think there is such a need out there for easy, yummy recipes. It would be awesome if you could plan out a month's menu plan and have a weekly shopping list. I would buy it in a heart beat!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

Do you want me to come down and teach you? You can make multiple meals in a few hours. It's OK to refrigerate them and heat them up on days you're too tired to cook. You're just overthinking it. Cooking isn't hard and your boys are old enough to help with some things.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Hey WC! That would be so cool! We could ask jen to join us and make it a party! THANKS SO MUCH!!! You are awesome!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home