Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm a bad, bad, bad business woman! Really bad! I don't know what is wrong with me. I know that I work so hard to give the kids in my care the best that I can give them and even if it costs me money and is unnecessary because the parents will never know the monetary value to what I do and what I purchase, the thing is that I KNOW and I want the best for my kids.

The STUPID thing is I'm not even working to make money. I mean, I do make some money, but that's not my GOAL. I love what I do, I get a real sense of accomplishment, I love being with Tyler and Chase and being able to control what they learn.

What makes me so timid? Why do I feel like I shouldn't be compensated as much, if not more, than what other schools are asking for?!

Money and I have real issues. I am just always content with what I have. I never yearn for more. I've always been this way and I'm realizing it even more since I opened the school. Some people have a fire under their ass to make money. For me, I am and always have been sitting on a unlit match.

Some lady I met the other day offered me half my day's wages to tutor her kid for an hour. Half a day's wages?! I mean, I get to work with ONE kid for ONE hour instead of six kids for three hours and get paid the same amount?! For real? And that got me really thinking, what is my value? What do I bring to the table? What do I think I am worth?

Hopefully, I'll build more confidence as I do this longer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy Krissy said...

hi! i have some thoughts that will help you with your business! i can't wait to catch up with you! i miss you!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

yes you are a bad business woman! =) but that's also what makes you a wonderful teacher. you love what you do and it shows.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home