Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Oh my god, I finally have internet. It's been a long time coming. Well, Portland is great. I love the city. Jennifer reminded me that she would also love any city where she didn't have to do jack crap. Maybe she's right. My days are spent pretty frivolously I must say. Running random errands, mostly. I hung out with a colleague from LA yesterday and it was great to see a familiar face.

Well, a lot has happened since I last wrote wrote. School ended. I had the worst last day ever and I am not sure I would go back to 32nd even if I went back to LA. Not getting too into all the nitty gritty, it involved an oversized Romanian father of a child I had this year hovering over me and threatening to subpoena me to court and accusing me of "blackmail." What a damn idiot.

Then, after all the Father's Day celebrations, we were off to Maui for five days for outr honeymoon. From Tuesday to Saturday. Then when we got back, we packed like mad, dumping all our trash into boxes for storage, into boxes for the movers, and into boxes for the Tahoe, which we ended up getting by the way. Anyways, it was a crazy. I felt so bad throwing away perfectly good food that I had to "sell" it to Richard so he would cart it away to his apartment. "Come on Richard. This ketchup is good. Don't let the funky color fool you! Take it!" Poor guy, he must have taken away three large boxes of food. I wonder if he will eat any of it. By the end of our move, I didn't care what we were throwing away. I was throwing away perfectly good looking tupperware and utensils in the trash chute of Jason's apartment when this older Korean women saw me. I could tell she was contemplating whether to stop me but went on her way.

Then we drove for two freakin' days. That was fun actually. Ahh...the joys of being newlyweds. I wonder if a two day drive would be as much fun twenty years from now.

Oh, Maui! It was great to get away. (Though thoughts of The Move loomed over our heads the whole time.) All we did was lay by the pool, lay on the beach, luau, Jason played golf, went to a plantation, ate, ate, and ate. I realize that Jason and I are not prone to do too many things during vactions. You know, the options are there, like ATV, biking, etc, etc, but we just like eating and doing nothing. Oh, and I can't post pictures because all we had was a rinky dinky disposable camera. We packed, literally, thirty minutes before we left for the airport. Anyways, I am having some technical issues and am not sure I would be able to post pics even if we had our digital. Hence, all the pictures that I posted before were pictures that others have sent me. I know, what an id-e-o-ta!

Now, if you are dying to get away from LA and want an excuse to visit a new place, please come visit me! I would love to explore this new city with you! The air is great, life seems to go by a littler slower, there are trees (!), the best Thai restaurant ever- Typhoon, and so so much more! Well, that was my sell for the day. That was my way of saying that I miss y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home