Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, August 12, 2010


A Review Of Sorts- Sonic Burgers

I'm trapped in my room right now...long story. The boys are playing together and I'm on my computer so I thought I would share some more pics with y'all. Here is our little trip to Sonic Burgers. Someone told me that the boys might enjoy it so I penciled it in my calendar right away. I've never been to one so I thought we would take a nice little drive to get there and then be transported back in time to the 50's where waitresses would take our order on roller skates and we would eat in our car. I was genuinely excited! It was a very, very hot day, but I refused to postpone our trip there. I'm very impulsive and I usually can't wait for things once it's in my mind. So here goes...

Here, Tyler is very excited as mommy has pumped it up all day.

" Oh, mommy, here is our waitress! Hey, what? Why is our waitress wearing sneakers? You told me she would be wearing roller skates! " 

"Mommy, I am so hot! I want to get out of this car. Can't we go inside to eat, mommy? Why are you torturing us? Isn't this a restaurant?"
"Be quiet, my child, and savor the experience in 100 degree weather."

"Mommy, I just dropped half my hamburger on my carseat and food is all on my shorts. I feel cramped in here and I want to eat at a table!"
"Be quiet, my child. Stop complaining. Do you know how lucky you are? Some kids could only dream of an experience like this."

Sonic Burgers, Schomic Burgers. We won't be going back. I rather eat in the comforts of a nice clean restaurant and not eat in the back of the car! How silly of me to think this would be fun! By the way, the yellow on Tyler's shorts never came out in the wash. Can you imagine the yellow food coloring they put in their mustard that it wouldn't come off in the wash?

Two thumbs way down. If I want to hear complaints all dinner long, I'll just eat at home. Thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said...

My first Sonic visit was in Arizona. My friend's bf had dropped us off to get slushies while he went to get gas. I walked in and saw a guy ordering through a phone. No other customers. Absolutely no cashiers or waiters in view. It was very freaky. I just couldn't get over ordering through a phone when a live person was on the other side of the wall.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

hey wc... that's weird. yeah, we didn't care too much for the place!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

where is it? i've always seen the commercials and thought it would be cool to go. thanks for the review, won't waste my time. =)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous weikuo said...

Mindy and I always craved Sonics during dental school because their commercials made it seem like they had this huge variety of delicious food. There wasn't one around in West LA, so for years we craved their burgers and drinks.

Well, once we moved to the O.C., we finally made our way to the one in Anaheim earlier this year...it was definitely not as wonderful as we thought it was going to be. We've gone once more since, but it still wasn't that great so I doubt we'll be going back anytime soon.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home