Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's 7:45 in the morning and I feel like posting something. Not that I have anything particular I want to post about, but sometimes, I want to post just to post. ;)

Random thoughts:

1. I should be getting ready for the kids to come.

2. I'm really so thankful that I don't have a husband who nags me. One thing that I know that he could have nagged me about when we first got married is my lack of skills in the kitchen. I didn't know how to turn on an oven and I had absolutely zero desire to even learn. We ate out so much the first three years of marriage that, looking back, I laugh at the girl who wasted so much money on food! Anyways, I think I've finally found some happy medium in the kitchen. I will never be the girl who has a passion to make gourmet meals, but now, at least I try and I have some sort of menu for the week in mind and what comes out of my kitchen is somewhat edible...well, the kids eat it...well, after some bribing on my part. :) Anyways, what was the point? oh yes, that Jason never nagged me and I found my own way....eventually.

3. I love The Bachelorette this season. Anyone else out there a hopeless romantic like me? I only saw the last two episodes but I was hooked and went back and watched all the previous ones online. I wrote this before, but I think Ali and Roberto are so super cute, and I think Roberto is super hot! Totally surprises me because he is not what I would have called my "type" back in the day. So, what was my "type?" Well, I was just telling someone the other day that I was always attracted to the geek type. You know that type that didn't quite fit in with "the" guy group, but was on the outskirts. When I went clubbing back in the day, my eyes would immediately scan for the boy dressed in  preppy j.crew looking slightly uncomfortable to be there. I didn't like the guys who looked so comfortable, like they could call the club their second home or something! So, I guess you could say that I've always been attracted to slightly shy, awkward guy. Anyways, I digress. Anyone out there a Bachlorette fan? I need to know so I can have a person I can talk to about my current obsession! Jason thinks I'm crazy that I ask him if he will accept my final rose every night and that I beg him to watch the show online and that I tell him that he would have been the final man standing if I were the bachelorette. He's like, I don't care. haha...

3. I've been wearing shorts all summer, which is amazing because I hate wearing shorts to show off my "moo" legs. Moo means Korean radish. If you take a look at "moo" at your local Asian market, you will see that they are very stumpy and fat looking! Anyways, I never, ever used to wear shorts! One time in college, I wore shorts on this one particularly very hot day and my friend said, "Oh, so you don't have wooden legs!" haha... He told me that he had never seen me in shorts so he assumed that I had wooden legs! hahah... well, I told him that I had really gross pale, ghostly legs and he told me that they wouldn't be so pale and ghostly if I showed them some sun once in awhile! haha...these Berkeley types can be so smart! Anyways, I've been wearing shorts all summer and they are so liberating!

4. We're hosting our first real big dinner party at our house this Friday. We've had people come over for dinner before but, this time, it's for Jason's colleagues so I'm kind of stressing out! I just realized that I don't have sugar and creamer holder for after dinner coffee so I have to get that before Friday night....can you imagine if I set out my old glass kim chee container filled with sugar on the table?! AHH!!! Wish I had some more Martha Stewart in me!

5. Chase's 3rd birthday just passed on August 6th. Can't believe that my baby is 3! He is my wild child and I love him! He reminds me a lot of me...you know, being so crazy and wild and all! Happy birthday, Chasey! I love you so much. I love how you tell me that you are going to marry me one day. I love how you love your new "Bunny Bunny" and won't sleep without him. I love your laugh and how you can find joy in all the simple things. I love that you are still my baby and have that sweet baby smell and soft baby skin. You've grown so much in the last three years, buddy! I love being your mommy and watching you grow.

Ok, will write more later. Gotta go see if there are any episodes of the Bachelorette that I missed! hehe...

2 Comments:

Anonymous susan said...

i am just catching up on your posts!

1) that is hilarious how you ask jason to accept your final rose. hahaha

2) you hosted a dinner party for jason's colleagues?! you are one brave mama. what did you make? did you take pictures?

4:44 PM  
Anonymous susan said...

i am just catching up on your posts!

1) that is hilarious how you ask jason to accept your final rose. hahaha

2) you hosted a dinner party for jason's colleagues?! you are one brave mama. what did you make? did you take pictures?

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home