Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I haven't seen The Bachelor or The Bachelorette in years, but I stayed up to watch some episodes of The Bachelorette online, and I just have to say, isn't Ali and Roberto the cutest? Man, they better last or they're some really good actors and deserve to be rubbing elbows with the likes of George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.

My favorite part of the whole thing is when Roberto's dad said to him, "You're the prize. I know that she will be happy-she'll be with you. I want to make sure you'll be happy." I thought that was so sweet for a dad to call him son "the prize."

Watching the show made me realize how much my perspective has changed in the last ten years. The first Bachelor that I watched, I watched it for me. Don't know if this makes sense, but I wasn't married, living in an apartment with Jen and Weikuo, and wondering  if I would ever experience that kind of love. When I watched the show right now, I seriously watched it through the eyes of a parent, thinking of what I would say to Tyler and Chase if they ever brought someone home for me to meet, thinking of what kind of girl I would want them to be with, and wondering what kind of men they would turn out to be.

It's true that your life completely changes when you become a parent. There's this shift in the way you think and the way you look at the world.... even the way you watch a cheesy dating show!

(Speaking of reality shows and TV, can someone please tell me why Jersey Shore is so popular? I haven't seen it and  it doesn't look like something that would interest me. Is it any good and what is the draw? Something about it must be interesting because, based on ratings, a lot of peole are watching it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home