Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I woke up really early today. Though we are leaving for Korea tomorrow, I guess I'm just really excited and couldn't sleep. Chase has been sleeping A LOT better lately (going to sleep at 9:00 instead of 11:00)...thank God! Right now, I'm really anxious about our trip. I have no idea what to pack. Jason says that it's no big deal if we forget something cause we could easily buy stuff there when we get there but I'm still worried! I kept asking Rich if I should take our single stroller, double stroller or back carrier, and he said whichever one.."You're not going to another planet!" I'm really worried about the flight to and from Korea. Even our short flight to Virginia was painful so I'm sure this one will be torturous. I've packed crayons, books, toys, new DVDs, and even lollipops for the flight. Anything to bribe them!

When I was giving my presentation at moms group, one mom said, "Sometimes it's all too much to be teaching your kids at a young age. What is the point? Is it for bragging rights?" She apologized to me after my talk, which she didn't have to do at all. I understand where she is coming from. Kids should be kids. But, I wish she would understand that you can teach your kids so much from a young age. It's not about MAKING them learn by twisting their arms and making them miserable or anything like that. It's about exposing them to more and if they get it, GREAT!! It's not about stressing them out! Young kids LOVE learning and they all think they are so smart. What a great time to teach them things in a FUN WAY!! It's a shame when parents don't take full advantage of this time of least resistance!:)

Well, I'm packing and cleaning up today. We're off tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy Krissy said...

yay!!! so excited for you! and don't stress about the plane ride. it will be fine. they will behave and be good boys! hopefully they will sleep a lot. jason will be right there to help with the kids! take lots of pictures! can't wait to hear about your trip!!! oh, and if you have time, could you email me photos from the rehearsal day or wedding? just trying to collect all the pics! love you!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

have a great time! can't wait to hear all about the trip. you are a supermom taking on this challenge! and you are right - kids love learning at this age. we should take advantage of it now bc it will be all too soon before they don't want to learn at all!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home