Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Two nights ago, I had a nasty fall. In the middle of the night, I heard Chase crying. It wasn't a gradual cry, but an all- of- a- sudden shriek, like he had fallen or was getting kidnapped. In my sleeping state, I frantically ran to him as fast as my short dah-lee (legs) would let me and I totally fell! I didn't even trip on anything. I think I just was trying to run so fast that I lost my balance. So anyways, I have this crazy round carpet burn on my left leg. AND, get this- even my left ARM hurts! I'm not joking here. My left arm feels all bruised up.

I'm not used to getting hurt. First of all, I am the biggest chicken I know! I'm not proud of this, but it's the truth. So, I am the girl who is afraid of being eaten by sharks when I go to the beach so I sit on the sand while everyone else is frolicking in the water (actually, maybe it's because I'm embarrassed of my scary white cottage cheese thighs...hmmm....) I am the girl who snowboards at a snails pace because I don't want to lose control and break my face (I would see like the same toddler go past me like three times while I go from the top to the bottom of the little wimpy beginners' hill that I'm on. I digress.) Anyways, so because I am such a scaredy cat, I don't get hurt often at all! So, this carpet burn is KILLING me! I don't know, I guess that's why it's called a carpet burn, but it seriously burns. And it looks so gross too. The top layer of my skin has been fillet exposing raw pink moist flesh...kind of looks like sashimi...gross! (hope you don't think of me next time you're eating sushi! hehe. I'm so mean!)

Well, at one point when I started writing, there was some sort of point to all this. Something about being a mother and having maternal instinct or another or doing anything to save your baby (even running like a loony in the dark), but I forget what the point was now.

Oh, if you were curious... Chasey was fine! Little boogar wasn't even crying when I got to him. Actually Jason beat me to him and laughed his ass off when I fell and said something like, "Geez.." Not even a "Are you OK?! All I get is laughs. So sad.

Well, I'm turning 30 this week. Kind of crazy. Jason and I went out alone tonight and I said, "Jason, I'm old. In 10 years, I'm going to be 40." Jason was so happy and proud to know that his wife can do easy math! He said, "And 20 years, you'll be 50." yah...

I think 30's will be great. The kids will be growing but won't be too old and still love to get hugs from me. I won't be too old so I won't need any surgical procedures yet (haha). I am looking forward to my 30's.

Hope y'all have a happy Monday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you didn't bump your head on something while you were falling.

crazy that we're all turning 30 this year!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

well, it's great to know that if chase ever DID need you asap for something, you'd come running as fast as you can. only a mother would make these sacrifices. haha.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home