Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

I remember once when I worked at this advertising agency, there was this older lady with two young boys. I asked her if she wanted another child so she could have a girl and she answered, "Cristina, who would guarantee me a girl? In life there are no guarantees. The sooner you realize this, to better it will be for you." For some reason, her words stuck with me. When I felt entitled to something, I would remember her words. There are no guarantees. What made me think something was mine or that something would happen the way that I thought it should?

You have this idea of what your picture perfect life would be. But who is to guarantee any of it for you?

"I'm going to get married by the time I am 28."
What if you don't meet the one till your 30?

"I'm going to have three children."
What if you can't have children?

Her words were especially true for me while I was giving birth. I had thought it would be so easy. "I am young. I am healthy. What could go wrong?" But it ended up being nothing I had expected and I had to tell myself while I was going through it, "There were no guarantees that it would be easy."

Also, I have always said that I wanted four children, like it would be so easy and they would be handed over to me. Now I think, "If it is meant to be" and I'm ok with that.

No guarantees. Take life as it comes. Cause that is the life God meant for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home