Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Friday, June 04, 2004

Some of Cristina's Wedding Tips. (Now that I am a pro! Yeah right.)

#1 Don't EVER get too chummy with a vendor. Be strictly business from the very beginning- you HAVE to play the part of the no nonsense client if you want to get what you want. If you act too friendly, trust me, it will be harder to demand what you want later. For example, wouldn't it be much harder to tell your new "friend" that her flowers are plain fugly, that his music selection sucks, that there are still wrinkles on you beautiful dress that they will have to do something about. Be nice after the wedding with a big fat tip (if they are deserving) and of course, a thank you note goes without saying, but I say during the whole process up to the day of the wedding, don't be the nice, everything-is-fine-with-me bride. They will read "sucker" all over your face and run with it.

#2 For each of your last meetings with all the vital vendors of the ceremony and reception, take a parent with you. I took my mom to all my final meetings and for some reason, I felt that I was taken more seriously. I even prepped her on things I wanted her to say in front of them. "That dress will fit better on the day of the wedding, right?" and "Gosh, she spent so much money on flowers. Let me see all that she's getting for it." I think it might have been an awakening for the vendors to see a a parent behind the contracts and it might have scared them to do a better job and give better service.

#3 Not really a wedding tip, but girls, you have to try the clear gel next time you get a manicure. It looks like clear nail polish but will not chip. It costs on average $5 more but it worth having your manicure last longer!

#4 When planning a wedding, don't put anything off. Do a little bit along the way, each day. For about four months, there wasn't a day that I didn't do something for the wedding, even if it was a short phone call. Just get things out of the way when you can. You know there is a long list of things you have to do, so it just makes sense to cross as many things off your list as soon as you can. Don't let it linger or you'll have too much to do towards the end.

Can't wait to help y'all with it when it happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home