Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gosh, starting your own business is hard!!! I know, a home daycare could hardly be called a business, but it's something that I'm investing my time, money, and effort into so it's a business to me!

It's such a roller coaster ride! One moment, I am like, "It's totally going to work out." and then, the next minute, I am totally doubting that I will get any kids!" A lot of people have emailed me and mostly, all they care about is the price of the daycare...nothing else. They don't ask me what I am going to do with the children, if I am qualified, or what. All they ask is hours and price. So I realized that most people just are looking for the cheapest place to put their child(ren) and I'm not on the cheaper end so I wonder if I will get any kids!

So what helps me get through these times when I am doubting myself? I totally think about people who I know who started their own businesses, had dreams and just went for it. I think about Kelli who has her own very successful daycare and how she had to start with one kid at a time. I think about Gina who is pursuing her dream of selling her artwork. I think of Vero who is pursuing her dream to be a photographer.
I think of others too who started their own businesses and how it must have been really scary for them. Also, I think about what Sophia said when I talked to her about starting a daycare years ago. I was hesitant because I didn't know ALL about the business side of running a daycare (such a contracts, licensing, etc), and she told me, "Cristina, you don't have to know everything from the beginning. You LEARN as you go along." And she is right. I've learned a lot even in the last month about the business part of having a daycare.

Maybe I'm just down on myself because I feel like the rooms are not completely ready so I feel behind and feel like I can't really show them to people in the state that they are in right now.

Some things take time to work itself out so I will have to be patient and take it one day at a time. I'm not worried.

See what I said?? Not worried one minute and worried the next!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

have faith in yourself. there will definitely be tough moments, but they will only help you grow and learn more.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home