Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I used to post a lot more about Tyler's developmental milestones and realized that I haven't done the same with Chase. At 1 year and 1 month, he is able to:

- walk on average about 10 steps
- say Taitai (Tyler), wawa (water), uhbooba (piggback ride in Korean), bubbles, uhma (mommy in Korean), ahpa (daddy in Korean), ball, boo (book), mama (for food, bir (bird), buh (bug)
- do sign language for more which he uses when he wants something
- do moves for certain songs: pop the bubbles, eentsy weentsy spidar, the wheels on the bus, if you're happy and you know it, little einsteins.

So cute to see him grow up and interact with Tyler, especially now that he says, "Tai Tai" for Tyler.

Yesterday we went camping at Yosemite (said YoseMIGHT). What the heck were we thinking? Oh my, I knew I wasn't a outdoorsy girl but I thought I would give it a shot. So, it was A LOT better than when Jason and I went together before we got married (I'll tell you more about this trip later.), but it was still absolutely horrid.

Like, I didn't know there were no showers!! GROSS!! I recall there being showers when I went to six grade camp!! And that was "CAMP!"

We didn't know that there was so water for the WATERfall!! Who knew that there is no "FALL" at Yosemite FALLS in the summer?! I didn't! The ranger looked at us like we were crazy when we asked her where the falls were! haha.

How were we supposed to know that it would be like 104 when we made reservations like four months ago?

I didn't know that flies and WASPS love kalbi! I was screaming away from our picnic table for my dear life with kalbi in hand. Jason asked me to stop it because Tyler was copying me, but I told him that that's like asking me not to breathe. How can I stop something that I have NO control over? I had to remind Jason that that is fight or flight response and my response is to flight!

There was dirt everywhere! I thought we would camp on some nicely manicured grass! I had to remind Tyler to lift his legs up when he walked, not to shuffle his feet! Oh my, I could SEE the dirt going up my nostrils and making boogars! (Ok, not in my nose...in Chase's nose! Poor Chase!) So anyways, I had to model for Tyler how to lift his legs and walk like a horse, and told him to pretend he was a horse while we were camping.

Though it was really hot during the day. I mean- really hot- like, I could see sweat pouring down my Tyler's face. At night, it was really cold! Thank God I packed long sleeve shirt and pants at the last moment or else we would have froze to death.

How come the sleeping bag NEVER goes back into the bag that it came out of? Seriously, can't they just make the bag a little, wee bit bigger? For people like me! I used my all my fat body weight and fat ass weight to flatten it out as much as possible but it still wouldn't work!

I had to go to the bathroom at night but I refused to WALK a mile to the bathroom in the DARK and come face to face with a BEAR!! In the middle of the night, I even looked out of the tent to see if I could see the bathroom from where we were and to see if there were any bears in between me and the bathroom. I got too scared and told myself that I rather live and be a little bit unfortable than leave my children motherless and waited until I couldn't see the stars anymore and some light was shining on us.

Here is a recap of our trip: We drove about six hours, made the tent (or should I say watched and laughed at Jason attempt to make the tent. He did a good job, though there was a stick and some fabric left behind...hmmm....), took everything out of the car (TOO much stuff for just ONE DAY!!!), ate dinner, washed up in the freezing cold water, went inside the tent, slept, woke up, washed up with the freezing water again, ate breakfast, cleaned up and came back home (this time 7 hour drive).

Jason told me that he gets another vacation in October and asked if I wanted to take the kids somewhere. I told him , " I don't care where you plan on taking us. You could plan a trip around the world and it wouldn't matter cause I'm NOT GOING! Just take Tyler. I'm done traveling!"

Sounds kind of mean, but that's what comes out when you've been holding your one year for two days!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

chase is so smart already! kudos to you for even going on this trip!

2:09 PM  
Blogger alice said...

you are so hilarious!!!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home