Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Tyler cleans up his room EVERY night before he goes to bed.

Let me tell you how I got him to make this a habit. A couple of months ago, I asked him where ghosts usually hide. He said he didn't know, and I told him the attic. And then I asked him if he knew why they hide in the attic. He said he didn't know, and I told him that ghosts like messy areas because it gives them more places to hide and that attics are usually really messy. Then I told him that if he wants to keep ghosts far away from his room while he sleeps the best thing for him to do is keep it clean and free of clutter.

I didn't think that this silly little story (aka lie) would have such an impact! Oh my, since that day, he puts everything away before he goes to sleep without being asked...it's truly amazing! I mean, he seriously BELIEVES it with all his heart.

I don't condone lying to your kids but, hey, if it works....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home