Spaz Attack

Thoughts from a big spaz who has lots to spaz about.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I've decided that I much prefer teaching in a less affluent school. As most of you know, my current position is teaching third grade in Westwood. I find the parents pushy and overbearing, and the students ungrateful and extra whiny. I've learned a lot this year on how NOT to be as a parent when Tyler is in school.

What should you do as a parent of a child in school? Here is a list if we could give each parent a list!

1. Never bother a teacher in the mornings. (We hate this! We have too much to do in the mornings!)
2. Always ask if it is a good time to talk before starting a conversation. Ask if you should set up a appointment instead. Taking most of my recess is NOT GOOD!
3. Don't walk your child to class EVERYDAY in the THIRD grade. I understand kindergarten and first, but by third grade, come on now, it's time to cut the cord.
4. Give a good gift for Christmas and Valentines. Make sure it stands out somehow. I will honestly forget who gave me which candle. Give me a gift certificate and your child will be my favorite for at least the next month!
5. Don't act like you think you could be a better teacher. If you think you can be one, get a teaching credential and get your own class. I would like to see you try.
6. Don't complain.
7. Don't question.
8. Make sure your child brings in homework everday.
9. Make sure you've checked it.
10. Don't assume your child should be tested for gifted. I'LL let you know if your "genius who doesn't test well" makes the grade.
11. Don't question a grade on your child's report card. Geez, it's only elementary. It's not going to get him/ her into college. Save the complaints for high school, please.
12. Help with copying. I mean, help your teacher with xeroxing. Often.
13. Don't ever go to the principal with a complaint. (This one has never happened to me, but I know teachers hate it.)
14. Kiss butt! ("I'm so glad my Tommy is in your class" or "Tommy is so happy to be in your class" never hurt a soul!)
15. Don't be in your face. Meaning, I really don't want to see your face everyday.

I think I will end my list here. Make the teacher happy, and the teacher will be happy to have your child in his/her classroom. Annoy the teacher and the teacher will be annoyed to have your child in his/ her class. Comprende?

I don't regret this year. I'm glad to have gone through it because I learned a great deal. But I want out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.02
oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, ugg boots, louis vuitton, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, replica watches, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, gucci outlet, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors, nike air max, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, nike free, jordan shoes, longchamp, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

toms shoes, canada goose uk, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, hollister, barbour jackets, converse outlet, barbour, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, moncler, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, moncler, moncler, montre pas cher, moncler, doke gabbana outlet, replica watches, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, canada goose, karen millen, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, doudoune canada goose, coach outlet, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, links of london, pandora jewelry, canada goose, lancel, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose, swarovski, moncler outlet
ninest123 16.02

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home